Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

More updates from Eddie and Chrissy

Here was the next email I got from them about my ...sister? I am not sure what the cat/child relationship is called in a family. Guess I will have to do some Google-ing after I post this...


We thought this would be a good time for an update as a lot has happened since the last email. So the last update was on Sunday morning Jan 1st. The plan was for me to go home the next day so I could work form home this week. However that Sunday night  and into Monday morning, Chrissy was showing signs of high blood pressure and the monitoring of Allison was showing some decreases in her heart rate from time to time. This concerned the doctors and they wanted to keep a constant watch on them both. So I contacted work to let them know I was going to take Tuesday off as well.

Well Monday, by late morning, the doctors came in and said Allison is showing signs of distress that they didn't like so they decided to deliver her then. Thats when the real whirlwind happened. They started to discuss how a c-section would be taking place and what we can expect with the delivery. As much as Chrissy and I were freaking out, the doctors and nurses were all very calm and collected like this happens everyday (which was much more reassuring than I thought it would be).  Well they got us down to the O.R. and gowned up and even managed to get me into it and sitting next to Chrissy with my knee scooter. Believe me there was not much room with all the other equipment in there. Those operating rooms are much smaller than the ones on t.v.

In any case Chrissy got some drugs to numb her while they operated but she was awake for the whole procedure and they delivered baby Allison at 3:30pm on Jan 2. She came out a nice pink color, made some noises and was moving around quite a bit. Pretty healthy considering she was only 27 weeks and 6 days along and a whopping 1lb 10oz. 

The doctors said everything went smooth. They couldn't ask for a better delivery considering the timing and so far both Allison and mom are doing very well. Chrissy will probably be discharged this Thursday but Allison will remain here until March or April. (Which will give us time to get the nursery set up and buy things like car seats and strollers)

Anyway, with everything that went on all the doctors and nurses are extremely happy with how they are both doing. With a preemie of Allison's age, they said to expect 2 steps forward and 1 step back as she progresses. That is typical and nothing to be alarmed about. I will say this, she has some long legs that she is liking to kick every so often. I will get out some more pictures as I can but here is one from my phone for now. Oh and one last thing, I think we have decided on a full name now:

Allison Victoria Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment